OTHER BEETLES FOR SALE
1951 VW Beetle / Bug Split Window - $19,000
* This beauty is a solid car, a daily driver. It sits on a 56' pan and has a 36hp engine, (not original)
* 4" narrow beam with shock towers, and new lowered shocks on the front.
* Still on a 6 volt electrical system
* Working semaphores and indicators
* This car has the 51' only spare tire lock bracket
* Little evidence of rust on this car, some patch work underneath the Optimimum
* Battery, everything else is good.
* No major front end damage.
* All instrumentation pods are in working condition.
* Paint job is from 80's era, if you are picky it could use new paint.
According to the Automuseum report from Germany, this car was built on January 18, 1951 and left the factory on January 22, 1951. Country of Destination: NY, USA. Which makes it a Hoffman Import car! What makes it rare? There are only 18 other standard beetles in the US on The Samba Hoffman Registry. This car makes it #19
There are plenty of Deluxe Splits in the US because all were imported at time of manufacture, the only way to get your hands on a Standard Beetle prior to 1953 was to have Max Hoffman import one for you. From 1950 - 1953 he was the only importer and distributor for Volkwsagen for the Eastern United States.
The only thing thats keeping this car from being worth much more $$$$ is that it does not have the original engine nor the original pan. Other than that the car is complete and running, what's keeping it from being a showpiece is a restoration job with minimal part searching.
Please, ONLY SERIOUS BUYERS. I will consider all reasonable offers as long as the car goes to a VW enthusiast that will take care of it and see to it that it gets the proper restoration job that it deserves. This one is a classic!