This bug was a California ex-show car that I bought about two years ago and had it shipped to South Florida where it currently located. It was probably restored in the 90s I don't know any of the history. I never registered the car in Florida so it still has a California title. Here are some of the features:
-1600cc dual port engine
- Gene Berg 5 Speed Manual Transmission Conversion, Swing Axle
- 4 wheel disc brakes with 4x130mm 15" Boyds aluminum rims
- ball joint narrowed front beam with dropped spindles and center height adjusters
- Custom two tone black/gray interior, Gage package, custom steering wheel and shifter
- power front windows, the rear quarter windows never had the regulators installed so you can pull them up and down but there is no cranks. I have a box of miscellaneous parts that might have some of these items in them. I never cared because I leave the windows down all the time
From what I can tell I believe this is the original convertible pan with the outside support rails with a swing axle transmission. I don't see any Rust or rot on this car except where someone might have Jacked up on the support rails and it pushed in the metal. An area of about 2".
The body is straight, the paint is super gloss black, and the canvas top looks like new. The top goes up and down nice and smooth and has the canvas cover for when it's down. When they did the paint job they did the fuel tank, the dash and inside of the car, and the convertible top metal rails. Also new fuse panel and wiring harnesses. I start the car once a month and try to take it for a spin. The car looks great. Thanks for looking E-mail any specific questions.
I also have a bunch of parts from the original 1776CC. The case, crank, 40mm Delortos, freshly rebuilt and pocket ported Competition Eliminator heads from AJ Sims along with brand-new piston cylinders from AJ Sims. Alot of other miscellaneous engine parts included but the heads and pistons and cylinders are still in the boxes. All the other stuff is there I just cannot guarantee the condition because some things might have surface Rust. All of this is included in the auction.
If you see a different exhaust or a oil filter in some of the pictures that was on the old engine. The current engine has the exhaust with the for small pipes straight out the back.
All items being sold in as is where is condition. seller has the right to in the auction at any time due to the item being advertised locally.